Surface Design Pattern Completed Work

 My inspirations for these dyes were Skin-walker Ranch and snake skin. Skin-walker ranch was an inspiration for the colors more so then the patterns, but the patterns of the fabric were inspired from snake skin patterns. I also wanted to have un-dyed pieces of the fabrics, so the white helps the other colors pop more and help add depth. My main goal was to find an interesting mix of colors with a pattern that will help draw attention to my diversity banner.


https://www.history.com/news/skinwalker-ranch-paranormal-ufos-mutilation


https://www.everythingreptiles.com/ball-python-morphs/





1. Rolled up the fabric, starting with a corner and then folded it upon itself. Laid one side in logwood for 1hr on a low simmer. I let the excess dye drain onto a paper towel, and then put the other side into turmeric for 1hr on a low simmer.
12x12
Logwood, Turmeric, Rubberbands.




2. Dyed for 1hr in logwood on low simmer. Then I removed the rubber bands and dipped the clothe in turmeric on a low simmer for 15 minutes.
12x12
Turmeric, Logwood, Rubberbands. 




3. I rolled up the fabric starting in the middle, then I did a zig zag hold. I only let one side sit in logwood for 1hr on a low simmer, the dye was soaked up creating a cool gradient in the logwood.
12x12
Logwood, Rubberbands.




4. I started by folding the clothe into a triangle several times, then I started to pull out the open end. I just let the open ends sit in roja for 2hrs on a lower simmer.
12x12
Roja, Rubberbands.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Project Completed Work

Dye Session 2 Completed Work